News for Our Shared Ministry – (May 20th to May 26th)
Mon 7:30pm UCW
Wed 7:00pm United Voices
Thur 6:45pm Wellington Choir
Sat 9:00am Fun Fair (Wellington Fire Hall)
St. George’s Soup Kitchen
- Please note that there will be No Children’s Choir (May 23rd). We’ll see you back on May 30th.
- SJUC Sunday school is looking for empty egg cartons. If you have any please bring into the church.
- Pretty & Powerful is a fashion show being held at Knox United Church on Jun 3rd from 7pm to 9pm. For tickets please call 465-2685. Advance tickets $12, or at the door $15. Come out and support Breast Cancer Action Nova Scotia. For more details please visit www.bcans.ca
- REMINDER to get your grad bios in to Tracey, ASAP. Wellington deadline for submitting info Jun 1st St. John’s deadline for submitting info Jun 8th
- Special Celebration services for Janice and Sally are taking place on May 27th.
Sally Budge – Please join us for cake and a short presentation on Sunday afternoon as we celebrate Sally’s ordination into the United Church of Canada…time to be announced.
Janice Frame – during the SJUC service there will be a presentation. After the service the congregation may gather in the BFH to enjoy a tasty treat. (Those with last names A-M are asked to bring Sandwiches / N-Z bring Sweets)
- UCW are collecting Milk Bags to make Mats for people of Haiti. (If you purchase your milk by the bags please save the “outer” bag and drop them off to Tracey in the office)
- Our M&P committee is looking for a new Chair as well as adding new members from both congregations. If you are interested or know of someone that would be please contact Fisher McKay – Acting Chair of M&P (861-3653) or Ruth Fox – Chair of Official Board (576-2174) for further details about joining this valuable committee that is essential to providing ongoing support and guidance to our Pastoral Charge staff.
- Oaken Hills Residents Association with Fairytale Friends Entertainment Canada presents an Enchanted Princess Party! Sat, May 26th from 1:45pm to 3:30pm at 843 Fall River Road (LWF Community Hall). Tickets $12.00 per child (ages 3 and up – ticket allows entry for one child and one adult). For more information please contact Tracey Dickson at OakeHillsRA@gmail.com or 209-3273.