Tues 7:00pm WPC Annual Meeting (held at WUC)
Wed 7:00pm United Voices
Thu 6:45pm Wellington Choir
- Waverley Pastoral Charge– Feb 26th @ 7pm at WUC
- St. John’s – Mar 3rd @ 12:30pm; no meeting is complete without food. If you’re attending please bring the following: Sandwiches for those with last names starting A-M ; and Sweets for those N-Z.
- Wellington – Mar 5th @ 7pm
– NO Children’s choir from Feb 27th to Mar 20th.
– Income Tax Receipts (SJUC) are available for pick up in the Narthex. Please contact Anna Taylor (407-2280 / email@example.com) if you have any questions.
– Bible Study is starting on Mar 3rd @ 7pm (SJUC)
– Men’s Breakfast taking place on Sat. Mar 9th @ 8:30am (SJUC). Guest Speaker will be Grant Kerr. All men are welcome for this morning of fellowship.
– Waverley Pastoral Charge Retreat: Creativity & Faith….where do our ideas come from and what do we need to move forward on them? Retreat taking place on Fri, May 3rd – Sun, May 5th at the Tatamagouche Centre; cost is $154.10 per person. Facilitators are Heather Kellerman & Rick Fullerton. MEN and WOMEN WELCOME! (Separate living quarters & daytime discussions) Space is limited, so register early ….. Contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
– St Andrew’s United Church (corner or Robie/Coburg) is hosting Harmony & Hope by the Chester Brass Band & Dalhousie Chorale on Mar 3rd @ 7pm in aid of Cancer Research. For more details visit www.harmonyandhope.com Tickets are $20.
Consider joining a Committee
Many good things are happening at St. John’s United because so many contribute their time, talents and resources. This is a call for you to consider putting your name forward to serve on one of the following committees, according to your area of expertise, interest or concern.
Christian Life and Growth is responsible for the Christian development of Sunday school, confirmation, youth & adult programs, related special events and services.
Church in Action is responsible for sponsorship of refugees and other social services projects, supporting other charitable organizations, and raising awareness of the work of the national M&S Fund.
Church Management is responsible to oversee the operation and maintenance of our church facilities and grounds—including raccoon patrol and control.
Finance and Stewardship is responsible for promoting a church family culture and spirit of meaningful stewardship and for managing all operational budgetary and financial matters.
Spiritual Oversight is responsible for approval of memberships, confirmations, marriages and baptisms, oversight of the sacraments, the order of each weekly service, funeral ministry, making “caring connections” beyond our church walls.
Trustees are responsible for the oversight of proper general and fire insurance requirements and other official, legal matters related to the church building and property.