Mon 9:00am Yoga with Jo-Anne Cusack (SJUC)
Wed 9:00am Yoga with Jo-Anne Cusack (SJUC)
10:30am Yoga with Jo-Anne Cusack (SJUC)
6:15pm Children’s Choir – CANCELLED
7:00pm United Voices
Thu 6:45pm Wellington Choir
Fri 10:00am Yoga with Sheila Lane (SJUC)
Sat 8:30am Men’s Breakfast (SJUC)
– Attention St. John’s Members: The Wildlife Night Tour has returned. We had a wonderful adventure with the Wellington group now it is St John’s turn. So if you ever wonder what local wildlife does after dark come on this Private Night Tour of the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park and find out! The tour will be on Oct 11th at 7:30pm. The group must be capped at 25-30 people so RSVP to Tabitha Cox either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 861-4997. The charge is $6 per person (cash only) and the tour is recommended for anyone ages 6 and up. Bring a flashlight, dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. For more information contact your tour guide Tabitha Cox.
– World Wide Communion – Oct 6th; if you know of someone that is not able to attend worship on this day please let Tracey know at the office (860-4000) and she can arrange for Rev. Matt to serve communion at their home.
– Triennial Visit – October 7th @ 7:30pm (at SJUC): Reserve this night and take advantage of an opportunity to discuss the life and work, the strengths and concerns and vision of our Pastoral Charge with representatives of the Halifax Presbytery Oversight Committee. All Council / Session members and any interested persons of our congregation are invited to attend.
– KD Lunches have begun again. Please consider donating bake goods, fruits trays, veggie trays or boxes of KD.
– Membership Transfer: Should there be any new families now attending and would like their membership transferred to Wellington or St John’s United please contact Tracey in the office (860-4000 or email@example.com)
Feed your Mind, Body & Soul: This thanksgiving consider….
–-the Mind by donating new books to the IWK;
– the Body by donating food to Beacon House;
– the Soul by coming to Sunday worship.
(Books and food items will be collected at SJUC narthex up until Oct 20th)
Writing your Lifestory: Join facilitator, Heather Kellerman, and other members of the Wellington & St. John’s United in reflection and discussion about our roots, our journey and the impact of our faith on that journey. By sharing tools, experience and support, Heather will get you started toward creating a tangible record of the path you have travelled. You do not need to be what you might define as ‘creative’ to take this program nor do you need perfect recall. This program is about doing personal work within a group of folks who bring a variety of life experiences to the table. Stories that we choose to share help spark memories for others. The intention for this group is to be a nurturing presence as memories unfold before us. A