Mon 9:00am Yoga with Jo-Anne Cusack (SJUC)
7:30pm Triennial Visit – All welcome
Tues 8am – 8pm Elections Nova Scotia (SJUC)
Wed 9:00am Yoga with Jo-Anne Cusack (SJUC)
10:30am Yoga with Jo-Anne Cusack (SJUC)
6:15pm Children’s Choir
7:00pm United Voices
Thu 6:45pm Wellington Choir
Fri 10:00am Yoga with Sheila Lane (SJUC)
– Official Board Meeting: Oct 15th @ 7pm at Wellington United Church
– Attention St. John’s Members: The Wildlife Night Tour has returned. We had a wonderful adventure with the Wellington group now it is St John’s turn. So if you ever wonder what local wildlife does after dark come on this Private Night Tour of the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park and find out! The tour will be on Oct 11th at 7:30pm. The group must be capped at 25-30 people so RSVP to Tabitha Cox either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 861-4997. The charge is $6 per person (cash only) and the tour is recommended for anyone ages 6 and up. Bring a flashlight, dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. For more information contact your tour guide Tabitha Cox.
– KD Lunches have begun again. Please consider donating bake goods, fruits trays, veggie trays or boxes of KD.
– Membership Transfer: Should there be any new families now attending and would like their membership transferred to Wellington or St John’s United please contact Tracey in the office (860-4000 or email@example.com)
– St. John’s Sunday School would like to update their records, please forward your email address to Diane Arseneault (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will help the leaders contact parents with information and events.
– Beacon House Food Drive: Our church has been asked again this year to collect 250 boxes of KD Dinner for their food drive. If you’re able to help with this donation please feel free to add your boxes to the “KD Tower” in the narthex. Any boxes over the 250 will be donated to our Thursday KD lunches.
Financial Update – St. John’s United Church
As of the end of August the cost of maintaining the church and operating our programs has exceeded our income by roughly $25,000. Obviously this is not good. So those giving by PAR and envelopes please review your commitment. PAR changes can be made simply by contacting the treasurer by phone (Paul at 902 466-7590) or by e-mail (email@example.com). If you are not using PAR please consider doing so (same contacts). If you don’t have envelopes or give by PAR please contact the envelope secretary (Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org) for envelopes or the treasurer (Paul as above) for PAR. If you would like more detailed information on the finances of your church please contact the treasurer or any member of the Finance Committee.
Feed you Mind, Body & Soul: This thanksgiving consider….
–-the Mind by donating new books to the IWK;
– the Body by donating food to Beacon House;